The first aniversary of this blog!
A lot has changed since I wrote the first post for this blog last year. We all were locked inside our houses, hopping our loved ones were safe.
I was working for Stripe writing Ruby and Java. Renting a one bedroom apartment in Dublin city centre.
Now, the pandemic is almost over. Here in Ireland, most of us are already vaccinated. I work for Huawei, writing Python and Go. I own a house far way from the city centre.
The biggest lesson I learnt this year was that I enjoy coding and learning computer science subjects—compilers, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, etc. And the lockdown showed me it’s possible to spend time reading and implementing crazy ideas, and I just needed to adjust or remove excess from my life (or even changing jobs :P).
- I’m working most of my free time on a PoC for a malleable system that would allow workers to write rules for checking their data in order to find bugs or inconsistencies: https://github.com/era/malleable-checker
- I’m also following up a book about interperters: https://github.com/era/lox
- Every Saturday at 10:30 I’m doing some live coding session at https://www.twitch.tv/elias_era
- At work I’m building the next generation of monitoring tools for Huawei, mainly Python and Go.
- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
- Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop
- Mr Robot (Rewatching it)